Friday, November 21, 2008

He Can Bite Me Any Day

Okay, well, maybe not, but the movie was so good! I must have had a momentary brain lapse when I decided to go to the midnight showing with my aunt and her friends. The company was great, but I got about 3.25 hours of sleep last night. It's going to be a fun day! I absolutely loved the movie though. I feel bad for those who watch it that haven't read the book though. I felt that they would be missing out on a few subtle things. Nothing major, but it was funnier to those who have read it. The audience last night was crazy! They sold out two screens in Riverbank, but opened three theaters so we wouldn't be crowded. And I must say, I liked the little twist at the end. It was definitely worth the lack of sleep.

4 comments:

Julie said...

oh good, you didn't spoil anything :) I read your post feeling a little apprehensive... it didn't occur to me 5 months ago that you just don't take an infant to the movies all willy-nilly... but they have something called "Stars & Strollers" here, where they have a matinee for mommies and babies, with lower volume, stroller parking, etc. Twilight will be shown on Tuesay... I am VERY excited to go... lol

SERAPH said...

I haven't seen it yet. I almost had Shawn convinced to go see it with me, but then a couple of people have told me that you get more of the jokes, etc. if you've read the book. So...maybe he won't be coming with me. :) My mom wants to go with me when she comes out next week though, so we'll most likely see it then. (Pending that the baby hasn't come yet.)

Julie said...

okay... so we just went and saw it, and quite possibly I was distracted at the end, but what twist are you talking about???

I did like the movie, but I have to say that Edward wasn't as amazing as he should have been. It was his voice. I was expecting something more melodious, more sultry... not the awkward adolescent monotone that he ended up with... :)

Julie said...

OH!!!!! i thought that was rosalie. mommy brain :)