Monday, June 22, 2009

Charles & Trisha Bogus

This past weekend I flew up to Utah for my sister Trisha's wedding! I got in Thursday evening and just hung out with her that night. Friday morning the work started early. Trish, Charles & I went out and picked up the flowers for the centerpieces and planned on meeting up with my parents for lunch when they got into town. Unfortunately, Trish came down with the stomach flu right about lunch time and Charles started feeling icky so they went home to rest and I met up with my family. We couldn't check into our hotel yet, so we drove down to the BYU campus and walked around for a bit. It was surprisingly fun to be back on campus and showing my siblings where I had classes and such. Friday night came and we had planned on having a family dinner with Charles' family, but because they were both sick his family decided to cancel, so all the Rackhams went out! Me and my parents and four siblings (we missed Grant who is on his mission), both sets of grandparents and an aunt and uncle met up at Golden Corral in Provo. It was fun to sit and chat and catch up on everyone's lives. That night my mom, Kristin and I went out and got some last minute stuff for the wedding the next day, and Darren met up with us at Walmart! He got to come shopping with my mom and I, and I'm sure he loved it. Haha!
My family - Justin, Me, Aaron, Charles, Trish, Mom, Sarah, Dad & Dallin

Saturday was the big day, and my mom, Sarah and I headed over to Trisha's early to put together the centerpieces and get the little things ready. We cut up lemons and arranged flowers until about 11:30 when we headed back to the hotel for lunch and then headed up the canyon to set up. It rained on and off all morning, so we were really hoping it would be nice at 5 for the ceremony. Darren and I left at about 3 to run back and change, and everyone else followed close behind. We got back to the park about 4:45 and watched the dark clouds roll in. The ceremony was short and sweet, and the rain didn't start falling until after a few family photos had been snapped. We attempted to wait it out under the nearby pavillion and eat our Thai food dinner, but when the rain began to come horizontally with the strong winds we decided to bail. Everyone headed out of the canyon and to a nearby community center in Lindon where the party continued. The cake somehow survived, and we all dried off and had a merry old time. A few friends from Virginia were able to make it, and it was great to see all of them. As I was sitting with Darren I looked over at Justin, with Jared Rammell, Matt Gillon and Sam & Anna Lattin and missed the old days and my gang of friends. I was friends with these guys too, but they're all a few years younger than me. I'll always look back on those years with smiles and great memories :)

Matt, Jared, Trish, Me, Justin & Sam
The reception ended about 9:30, and then Trish & Charles headed off to a cabin and then Disneyland for a week! My mom, Darren and I shuttled the gifts back to their apartment and then headed to bed. It was an incredibly long, but fun, day. Sunday morning we had planned on hiking the Y, but due to rain we weren't able to. One day I'll do it. We were able to go to Jared Rammell's missionary farewell talk that afternoon though. He did a great job, and it was great to see all of his family again! All in all, it was a great weekend; regardless of the rain. Darren and I left for the airport from Jared's open house/barbeque after church. You'd have to ask him, but I think his "Meet the Parents" weekend went pretty well. My dad and Justin gave him a hard time Friday night, but that was expected. It was hard to say goodbye to my family, but they'll be out here in Hughson at the end of next month for a family reunion so I won't have to wait long to see them again. Darren dropped me off at the airport and then headed back up to Rexburg. It'll be fun to see him next week for 4th of July!
At the airport
Here are some more of my favorite photos from the weekend:











1 comment:

Julie said...

*ahem* CALL ME!!!

love the pictures :) congrats to trish and charles!