Monday, October 5, 2009

Whirlwind

Back from Utah. Flew in Friday evening, hit up the BYU vs. Utah State football game that night (Cougars won 35-17). It was so fun to be back in the stadium. (I only missed one home game in the three seasons I was in Provo).Saturday morning - up bright and early to have our enagement pictures taken. So fun, but SO cold. My sister and her hubby tagged along, so we went out to breakfast with them afterwards. So fun. Thanks Trish & Charles! Darren and I then headed back to his aunt and uncle's in Cedar Hills to get changed real fast and head up to Salt Lake with his cousins to watch the afternoon session of conference. It was so fun to be in the Conference Center. We were able to move down a section and got really good seats right by where all of the general authorities exit when the session is over. As we were walking past Temple Square to the car, I ran into a friend from high school! What are the odds. I got to say hi to him real fast before the cops told us to keep moving. Bummer. Then we hit up The Pie for some deliciousness and said goodbye to the boys as they headed off to the priesthood session. I chilled with Darren's cousins Brittany and Dianna for a couple hours (drove past East High - shout out to High School Musical) and then we headed back home. Such a long day. Between sessions on Sunday Darren and I ran down to Springville to visit one of my best friends, Seraph. It was so fun to see her and her husband Shawn, and meet their little boy. Ser and I pretty much grew up together, and she met Shawn in our freshman ward at BYU. I'm so excited to see them again in December at home! We watched the last half of the afternoon session in Cedar Hills, ate and then headed for the airport at 6. So much to do in just two days.

I'll post some of our engagement pictures in a few weeks, when I get them from our photographer.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

HOW CUTE YOU GUYS MATCH!! (wink) I'm so glad you got to meet Britt and Diana! SOunds like a CRAZY trip, but well worth it! Time is flying, you guys will be hitched before you know it!!

Julie said...

So excited to see engagement pics :) And so excited to see you in December! I wish we lived closer!

fyi, I'm saving the couple quiz for Friday, our 5yr annivery :) check back :)