Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Engaged!

So, I figured I better post and let everyone know the great news!

I got into Rexburg late Thursday night (11pm) and Darren came and picked me up. We drove through a McDonald's drive thru (romantic, eh?) and then drove to a random park out in the middle of nothing. We got out of the car and walked over to the swing set, where we stood and talked, and wished it wasn't cloudy so we could see the stars. Darren told me he had a surprise for me, and then got down on his knee and asked me if I would marry him. I was totally surprised. I had my suspicions he would propose this weekend, but I thought he'd wait until Saturday, the 4th. Of course though, I said yes! He put the ring on my finger (which is perfect by the way) and then we sat on the swings for a while and talked while he ate. It was almost midnight by then so he took me to the house where I'd be staying for the weekend and said goodnight. I was a little too excited to sleep, so I called a couple friends and then went to bed.

The rest of the weekend was great. We saw Transformers 2 on Friday, and had a marshmallow roast out at Beaver Dick Park. Saturday we had a barbeque at Rigby Lake and then drove down to Idaho Falls for fireworks. Sunday I went to church with him and his roommates and then took a walk through the gardens. It was a great weekend!

10 comments:

Trisha said...

Awesome!! That is cute!!! Did you know he was going to do it, or were you suprised?

Natalie said...

I was surprised! I thought it would happen Saturday, the 4th.

Julie said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you posted this! and congratulations! I'm so excited for you, can't wait for your wedding :D

Momma Twitch said...

Awwww! Congrats!!!!

Capell said...

I am so excited, Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! I heard through the grapevine that is our family that you would be engaged very soon. I am excited for you. Do you have a date in mind?

Melissa said...

Yay! You look so happy. I look forward to hearing all the details about the wedding! By the way, the picture of you two in the gardens is super cute!

whitni said...

I'm totally a blog stalker and never leave comments... but this is too exciting not to leave one! Congratulations!

Trina DeNatly said...

There are some little girls around here who are oohing and ahhing about that particular piece of jewlelry on your finger. Pretty swell, Nat. We're all awfully happy for you around here. Gordon, Ernie and Duckie are happy too! (We won't talk about Barbie.) I've got a friend who got married in December and says it's a GREAT way to start being married forever. Wait, it's Brent. Then I would have to concur. Three cheers for being in love!!!

Sheila said...

AHHHHH!! YAY NATALIE!!! I'm sure he just couldn't WAIT to propose and make it "OFFICIAL" I can't wait to have you in the fam. Congrats, LOVE the ring, it's PERFECT!! --I want to see it in person, by the way! You should swing by the Capell's sometime, we're here all the time now that Jeff is working in Modesto. Call my cell! 267-8994