skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Trip Down Memory Lane...
Last Friday night we had a Stake Enrichment Meeting centered around Faith, Family and Service. As a YSA branch we were asked to sing a song entitled "An Angel to Watch Over Me", about mothers. During the song they played a slideshow with pictures of mother and daughters in the Stake. My mom doesn't live in the Stake, but they asked for a picture none the less. All of my more recent pictures of my mom and I are in Virginia, but I found this one and I thought it was cute. I thought about it, and she's a few years younger than I am right now. I don't know how she did it. By the time she was my age she had three kids. Over the years my mother and I have had our differences, more recent than long ago, but I do love her, no matter what happens. I don't want to get to personal with a bunch of strangers that may be reading this, but I've always been frightened of becoming my mother. It's something that I've sworn I'll never do. Looking at this picture makes me think though that I don't have to become the person she is now, but she looks so happy here, and I hope that one day I can be half the mother she was early in my life.
2 comments:
That's a great post about you and your mom. Thanks for posting it. I really miss you guys! I was sad you were sick on Saturday!
I love this picture of you and your mom. It's SO cute. You can totally tell that she loves you a lot and that you love her.
I miss you and your mom now. :(
Post a Comment