I flew in Saturday afternoon and then went shopping with Trish at the Orem mall, hit up Target, Smith's (saw Matt Allen, former BYU football player while we were there), got lunch/dinner at Noodles and Company (a new love), and then went to Color Me Mine. I have to say, that place is amazing and I wish we had one out here!
Sunday I went out to my friend Susie's for church and stayed with her for dinner and practically all day :) The highlight, besides seeing Susie!, was when her cousin Abi stopped by with her hubby Jacob and her two adorable kids! Abi is an old roommate of mine (that's how I met Susie) and I hadn't seen her since she and Jacob were married almost 4 years ago. They then called their other cousin Cassie (Practically a roommate. She would always come over and do homework and take naps!) and she came down to see me too! It was nice to see more people than I had planned on seeing.
Monday morning Trish and I went down to see Indiana Jones but it was sold out so we got tickets to a later showing. We then went shopping for a little bit at Provo Towne Center and again to the Orem mall before heading back to the theater. The movie was great! I grew up watching all of the Indiana Jones movies and was sooo excited when I hear this one was coming out. After the movie we went home and I then went over to see Seraph, one of my best friends since I was 12. We chatted for almost 4 hours! It was great to catch up and hear how things were going in her life, especially to find out that she is pregnant! She's practically a sister to me, so I feel like I'm going to be an aunt :) (Same goes for you Jules).
Tuesday was the big day! After an early (8 am) breakfast with some friends from California, I headed up to campus to do some studying (took my last final of the semester this morning) and squeeze in a little "Eclipse" here and there ;) I had a little visit with my BYU-Info boss Louise that I've known for almost 20 years (granted, I didn't really know her until I started the at Info in 2003, but my parents have known here that long). It was great to see her again as well. Had lunch with my cousin Jared in the Cougareat, and then went back to the apartment to take a nap before getting ready for the reception. Trish and Charles (her boyfriend) woke me up and asked if I wanted to go to dinner, but I was pretty out of it so I didn't go. I got ready for the reception and headed out about 6. It was held at "The Bungalow" in Pleasant Grove and was absolutely gorgeous. Mark looked so happy and his bride Kim is such a sweetheart. The slideshow that was running inside was hilarious as well. It reminded me of the good old days of bowl-cuts and eyeglasses, and the good times we had in high school. I got to see a number of people from Virginia as well! Daniel and Sam Lattin and their wives Hope and Anna, Seraph and Shawn, Alisa Chambers, her fiance and her parents, and even Kate formerly Rammell, but now Ball and her parents. I must say I was most excited to see the Rammells, as it has been forever, and Kate is soooo cute at 9 months pregnant. I wish I had gotten a picture with them, I totally spaced before I left.
It was sad to leave, but I was happy that I got to see everyone again! I sometimes find myself holding onto the past and hoping that I can be as close to everyone as I was in high school, but I know that that isn't really possible. People move on, and so will I, but it's kinda hard knowing that most of them are on a life path that I'm not on just yet. Don't get me wrong though, I'm extremely happy with where I am in life and I don't regret any choices I have made, but it's just not so fun looking at my old friends and realizing that I don't have much in common with them right now. I will eventually, but it's just not my time yet...I don't mean for this to be depressing, but that's the only way I can think to explain it right now :) Anyway, I'm so glad that I got to see everyone that I did and hope to see you all again soon! Love you all.

2 comments:
Natalie, You're sweet to mention us in your blog. We were delighted to see you and Trish and all the good Virginia folk at Mark's reception. Makes me homesick. You look so happy and pretty. Hope you don't mind if we check up on you occasionally at your blog. Nice way to be in touch a little bit. Say hi to your family. And hey to Justin.
James
gnat!!!!!! thanks so much for posting this! i almost feel like i was there, but i'm still wishing i was :) so fun to see pictures of you and everybody! and i agree - i miss high school days, lol including the bowl haircut and eyeglasses :D
Post a Comment